Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Crossfit Zone Diet Breakfast Sandwich Melt


1/2 pita bread, 1 egg (scrambled or fried), 1 oz (1/4 cup) of cheese, 1 oz sliced ham (11 small slices of ham,) serve with 1/2 apple and 3 macadamia nuts. I decided to make a "cheese melt" out of this sandwich since I had no apples or nuts. Also, for appearance sake only, I used two slices of bread. But usually for this recipe, you should get a pita pocket or one slice of bread only. Heat up the toast or bread while cooking the egg in a pan. I put 3/4 Tbs of light mayonnaise to give myself the fat I need to workout since I had no macadamia nuts. Then put slices of ham on the toast when ready, put the egg on top and sprinkle the cheese onto the egg, heat the toast again. and there you are! A breakfast sandwich melt! If you click the link below, be sure to scroll to page 6 for the details of the breakfast sandwich and other recipes you would like to try! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment