Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Home-made Guacamole


I promised you I would give you the Guacamole recipe in the last post so here it is! 
Things you need: 2 avocados, 1/2 minced red onion, 2 tbs cilantro chopped, 1 tbs lemon, 1/2 tsp salt, black pepper, 1/2 ripe tomato. It would be great if you had a coarse mortal and pestle as well. 
I made a modified version for myself. First off, I had no tomatoes or cilantro. So I just put in the 2 avocados. They were not as ripe as I’d hoped so I ended up mashing most of the avocados with my hands (yes I did wash my hands) and then I chopped up 1/2 a red onion and dumped in with the avocados and mashed them together. Then I squeezed in half a lemon because I love sour things.  Putting in tomatoes would make the guacamole taste sweeter and tangier but because I had none, my guacamole came out slightly sour but nevertheless fresh and amazing paired with the corn tortilla and 1/4 cup of cheese! The guacamole came out great and it was the simplest thing I made!

Here's the link to the regular home-made guacamole if you don't want the modified version!


http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/perfect_guacamole/

No comments:

Post a Comment